HOUSTON – Harris County Choose Lina Hidalgo signed a brand new stay-home, work-safe order Saturday morning.
Non-essential Harris County companies and others that weren’t designated to reopen by Gov. Greg Abbott’s government order should stay closed by way of Could 20, Hidalgo introduced on Twitter. Hidalgo stated the transfer will assist cease the unfold of coronavirus.
“We have to stay vigilant for a phased reopening to work,” she wrote.
On Monday, Gov. Abbott stated he’s aiming for Could 18 because the goal date for the second section of reopening the Texas plan. He stated he’ll think about hospitalization charges, COVID-19 dying charges, and if there are sizzling spots in numerous elements of the state. In Section 2, he hopes to open barbershops, hair and nail salons, bars and gymnasiums.
In accordance with Abbott’s order, here’s a record of companies that can’t open underneath this order:
- All companies besides important companies or reopened companies as outlined in Government Order GA-18 working inside Harris County ought to stop all actions at amenities situated throughout the County
- Gyms, health facilities, public swimming swimming pools, interactive amusement venues and different amenities which can be used or supposed for use for any sort of coaching, martial arts, sport or recreation
- Barbers, hair salons, nail salons, cosmetology companies, spas, therapeutic massage companies, tattoo studios, piercing studios, live performance halls, stay efficiency theaters, arenas, stadiums, recreation rooms, bowling alleys, arcades, and bingo halls
- Bars could not reopen for on-premises service
Listed here are Hidalgo’s suggestions to Harris County residents:
- Reduce social gatherings and in-person contact with people who find themselves not in the identical family
- Folks over the age of 65 are strongly inspired to remain at dwelling as a lot as attainable
- If leaving the house, implement social distancing, and observe good hygiene, environmental cleanliness, and sanitation
- Folks shall not go to nursing properties, state-supported dwelling facilities, assisted dwelling amenities, or long-term care amenities except to offer vital help as decided by way of steerage from the Texas Well being and Human Companies Fee (HHSC).
- People experiencing homelessness are strongly urged to acquire shelter
- People could go to public parks and open out of doors recreation areas. People could have interaction in out of doors sports activities supplied that the sports activities don’t embody contact with different contributors and contain not more than 4 contributors enjoying the game on the similar time. Park benches, communal playgrounds, and playground gear could improve the unfold of COVID-19 and, subsequently, shall stay closed.
- If somebody in a family has examined constructive for COVID-19, all residents of the family are ordered to isolate at dwelling till cleared by a public well being authority or medical supplier
Listed here are Hidalgo’s suggestions to Harris County enterprise homeowners:
- All companies could proceed operations consisting solely of staff or contractors performing actions at their very own residences (i.e., working from dwelling)
- Important companies could proceed working at full occupancy however are inspired to function at less-than-total occupancy and to allow as many staff as possible to earn a living from home
- The usage of drive-through, choose up or supply choices for meals and drinks stay permitted and extremely inspired
- Non secular companies needs to be performed in accordance with the joint steerage issued and up to date by the Texas Lawyer Normal and Governor
- Nursing properties, state-supported dwelling facilities, assisted dwelling amenities, and long-term care amenities ought to comply with an infection management insurance policies and practices set forth by the HHSC, together with minimizing the motion of workers between amenities each time attainable
I’ve signed a NEW stay-home work-safe order. Non-essential Harris County companies and others that weren’t “reopened” by the Governor’s order want to remain closed by way of Could 20th. We have to stay vigilant for a phased reopening to work. pic.twitter.com/ppykvLeLkj
— Lina Hidalgo (@LinaHidalgoTX) May 2, 2020
Copyright 2020 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.