ST. CLOUD — South Junior High Principal Jason Harris will be interim principal at Tech High School for the upcoming school year, according to a news release issued by St. Cloud school district.
Superintendent Willie Jett announced the transition Monday — along with several other administrative appointments — following last week’s announcement that Tech Principal Charlie Eisenreich will move to the newly created role of junior high activities director next year before retiring in 2021.
Harris has served as principal at South for six years and has “demonstrated historical past of optimistic management, sturdy relationships with college students and employees and a transparent imaginative and prescient for tutorial excellence,” the discharge states. “Harris has relationships with lots of the Tech college students who’ve handed via South underneath his management, and the superintendent expresses confidence that Harris is the suitable chief for Tech at the moment.”
Jett additionally introduced the next appointments Monday:
- Joel Heitkamp as interim principal at South Junior Excessive. Heitkamp has been a trainer and coach with the district for almost 20 years and has served as administrative intern and assistant principal at South for 3 years.
- Andrea Laning as interim assistant principal at South Junior Excessive. Laning shall be returning to South, the place she served as an administrative intern, after serving this yr as interim assistant principal at Talahi Neighborhood College.
- Justin Skaalerud as assistant principal at Apollo Excessive College. Skaalerud served as interim assistant principal this yr and has served Apollo as a trainer, coach and athletic director over the previous 15 years.
- Richard Chakolis as assistant principal at McKinley Space Studying Heart. Chakolis has served as interim assistant principal this yr and has served as assistant principal at Talahi and administrative intern at South.
- Beth Watkins as director of particular training curriculum and instruction. Watkins has been a trainer and chief within the particular training division for the previous seven years.
The appointments take impact July 1.
Help native journalism. Subscribe to sctimes.com today.
Learn or Share this story: https://www.sctimes.com/story/information/native/2020/05/04/south-principal-harris-named-interim-principal-tech-high-school/3078162001/
— to www.sctimes.com