Printed on Might 7, 2020
BTN will air hardly ever seen footage from the 1982 AIAW Championship that includes Rutgers and Texas on Saturday, Might 9 at eight p.m. ET. The sport was the ultimate AIAW title sport and was by no means broadcasted on tv. The championship involves life once more with just lately unearthed footage matched with Rutgers Scholar Radio audio.
The sport featured two of the game’s powers – Texas – led by legendary head coach Jody Conradt – was driving a 32-game win streak and was seen as the favourite. Rutgers – below the path of head coach Theresa Grentz – sported a senior-laden workforce led by twins Patty and Mary Coyle, June Olkowski and Chris Dailey. In the one nationwide championship sport ever performed at The Palestra in Philadelphia – the Scarlet Knights rode a second-half surge to defeat the Longhorns and seize Rutgers’ solely nationwide championship in girls’s basketball.
The airing of the historic second in girls’s basketball will coincide with reside tweeting from:
- The pinnacle coach of Rutgers on the time, Grentz (@TheresaGrentz12)
- 1982 AIAW Championship Sport MVP Patty Coyle (@coachcoyle)
- 1982 captain and present UConn Girls’s Basketball assistant Chris Dailey (@cduconn)
- Present Rutgers head coach C. Vivian Stringer (@cvivianstringer)
- BTN Girls’s Basketball Play-by-Play announcer Lisa Byington (@lisabyington)
- Different former gamers and media together with @Hoopfeed
The sport may also be seen by way of the Fox Sports app.
BTN’s B1G Video Recall hosted by Lisa Byington and that includes Grentz and Dailey view parts of the sport and share their recollections.
— to www.hoopfeed.com