Nationwide Geographic will premiere a model new documentary sequence Kingdom of the Mummies on Could 12 on Nationwide Geographic. This four-part documentary follows the exploration of what’s the first recognized absolutely intact historical Egyptian funeral dwelling.
- Subsequent week, National Geographic will premiere a model new four-part sequence Kingdom of the Mummies which follows a crew of professors and historians as they uncover secrets and techniques from historical Egypt.
- Nationwide Geographic not too long ago launched never-before-seen footage and photographs from inside historical Egypt’s first recognized absolutely intact funeral dwelling.
- Together with Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities, a crew of archaeologists led by Dr. Ramadan Hussein from Germany’s Eberhard Karls College of Tübingen, uncovered the burial advanced, relationship again to 600 BC, deep beneath the sands on the Saqqara necropolis lower than an hour’s drive south of Cairo.
- Kingdom of the Mummies follows Dr. Hussein’s crew, together with:
- Egyptologist Prof. Salima Ikram from American College in Cairo
- Mummy skilled Dr. Stephen Buckley from College of York
- Digital archaeologist Dr. Matthias Lang from College of Tübingen
- Geoengineer Dr. Ayman Hamed of Suez College
- Paleoradiologist Prof. Sahar Saleem from Cairo College
- The group explores the subterranean chambers and opens 4 sealed, 2,600 year-old sarcophagi to unlock secrets and techniques and decipher clues about Egyptian burial processes.
- Along with uncovering the primary recognized absolutely built-in funeral advanced with devoted areas for organ elimination, embalming and burial, the crew’s learnings are serving to reveal extra about dying – and the enterprise of dying – in historical Egypt.
- The newest scientific testing and scanning of the tombs, their relics and the stays of the deceased additionally add layers of that means and context to the teachings being gleaned concerning the sacred rites and commerce that had been carried out on this subterranean house.
What they’re saying:
- Dr. Ramadan Hussein: “The tomb incorporates mummies of each wealthy and poor folks, in addition to proof of the funeral packages and high quality of products on supply. The proof we uncovered reveals the embalmers had excellent enterprise sense. They re-used chambers and re-sold sarcophagi to maximise the capability of the advanced.”
In regards to the sequence:
- Kingdom of the Mummies is produced by BBC Studios for Nationwide Geographic.
- For BBC Studios, government producers are:
- For Nationwide Geographic, the manager producer:
- Government vice chairman, programming and growth:
- Government vice chairman of world unscripted leisure:
Kingdom of the Mummies will premiere Tuesday, Could 12 at 10/9c on Nationwide Geographic within the US earlier than rolling out globally