The state introduced it now has greater than 4,600 confirmed COVID-19 instances after the state introduced 181 new confirmed instances on Friday. The state additionally introduced 9 extra deaths associated to COVID-19, bringing that complete to 181.
The overall variety of instances now reached 4,673 in response to the state Division of Well being.
Of the 9 newly introduced deaths, only one was a resident of an acute care or congregate dwelling facility, a male in his 80s in Bernalillo County who was a resident of Superior Well being Care in Albuquerque. He had underlying medical situations and was hospitalized.
In all, 29 acute care or congregate dwelling services have reported at the least one resident and/or workers member as a confirmed COVID-19 case. Aged residents or these with preexisting situations are at greater hazard of great penalties after contracting COVID-19.
The state additionally supplied some particulars on the opposite eight New Mexico residents who died with COVID-19:
- A male in his 60s from Chaves County. The person had underlying medical situations.
- A feminine in her 40s from McKinley County. The person was hospitalized and had underlying medical situations.
- A male in his 50s from McKinley County.
- A feminine in her 60s from McKinley County. The person was hospitalized and had underlying medical situations.
- A male in his 60s from McKinley County. The person was hospitalized and had underlying medical situations.
- A second male in his 60s from McKinley County. The person was hospitalized and had underlying medical situations.
- A male in his 70s from San Juan County. The person was hospitalized and had underlying medical situations.
- A male in his 90s from San Juan County.
The state stated that there are actually 201 individuals hospitalized for COVID-19, a rise of 4 over Thursday’s announcement. These numbers might embody those that examined constructive out of state however are actually in a hospital in New Mexico, however wouldn’t embody New Mexicans who examined constructive and are actually hospitalized in different states.
The state has designated 1,189 New Mexico residents as recovered from COVID-19, a rise of 64 over Thursday’s announcement.
The state announced that it accomplished testing all personnel in any respect 11 state jail services this week, 2,486 in complete. The state stated it’s on monitor to finish testing of 25 % of inmates in state prisons by Monday, Could 11.
Amongst all testing, San Juan (68) and McKinley (58) counties proceed to steer the state in most new instances, because the state continues to work to gradual the unfold of the illness in northwestern New Mexico. The one different counties with double-digit numbers of newly introduced instances have been Bernalillo (18) and Sandoval (13).
The overall new instances:
- 19 new instances in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Chaves County
- Three new instances in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Curry County
- eight new instances in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Eddy County
- 58 new instances in McKinley County
- 6 new instances in Otero County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 13 new instances in Sandoval County
- 68 new instances in San Juan County
- 1 new case in San Miguel County
- 1 new case in Valencia County
The state additionally supplied a breakdown of general instances by county. A beforehand reported case from Bernalillo County was not lab confirmed and has since been corrected. A case beforehand listed as a resident of De Baca County was later decided to be a resident of Curry County.
- Bernalillo County: 1,030
- Catron County: 2
- Chaves County: 27
- Cibola County: 85
- Colfax County: 5
- Curry County: 28
- Doña Ana County: 206
- Eddy County: 14
- Grant County: 15
- Guadalupe County: 15
- Harding County: 1
- Lea County: 14
- Lincoln County: 2
- Los Alamos County: 6
- Luna County: 7
- McKinley County: 1,460
- Otero County: 15
- Quay County: 4
- Rio Arriba County: 27
- Roosevelt County: 11
- Sandoval County: 451
- San Juan County: 989
- San Miguel County: 5
- Santa Fe County: 110
- Sierra County: 1
- Socorro County: 48
- Taos County: 20
- Torrance County: 17
- Union County: 3
- Valencia County: 55
As of Friday, the state has processed 93,262 assessments, according to its coronavirus information website. That is a rise of 4,230 over the numbers reported on Thursday.
The state has instituted restrictions on which companies can stay open and issued a stay-at-home order in March, which has been prolonged by way of at the least Could 15. The state says individuals ought to solely journey for important functions.
The state advisable, however didn’t require, that folks put on masks once they depart the home, however stated medical-grade masks ought to be saved for first responders and medical personnel.
The state advises people who’re experiencing signs of a COVID-19 an infection—fever, cough, or shortness of breath—to name their well being care supplier or the NMDOH COVID-19 hotline instantly (1-855-600-3453). These with non-health-related questions or issues can even name 833-551-0518 or go to https://newmexico.gov.