UFC 249 had a bit of little bit of every thing because the promotion returned from almost two months away. President Donald Trump thanked UFC president Dana White for returning to reside motion, holding an occasion in Jacksonville, Florida minus a crowd.
From there, it was an fascinating evening to say the least.
In the principle occasion, Justin Gaethje spoiled any plans for the much-scheduled Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov contest, dominating Ferguson to say the interim UFC light-weight title. Now, it should possible be Gaethje to face Nurmagomedov later this yr to unify the belts.
Henry Cejudo completed former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz within the co-main occasion to defend his title, saying his determination to retire shortly after. Cejudo grew to become simply the second UFC fighter to defend belts in two weight courses having beforehand held the flyweight strap.
The primary card additionally featured Francis Ngannou destroying Jairzinho Rozenstruik in 20 seconds, a win by Calvin Kattar over Jeremy Stephens and former NFL standout Greg Hardy besting Yorgan de Castro.
Full outcomes will be discovered beneath:
* Justin Gaethje def. Tony Ferguson by way of TKO (strikes) at 3:39 of Spherical 5 to change into the interim UFC light-weight champion
* Henry Cejudo def. Dominick Cruz by way of TKO (strikes) at 4:58 of Spherical 2 to stay UFC bantamweight champion
* Francis Ngannou def. Jairzinho Rozenstruik by way of KO (strike) at :20 of Spherical 1
* Calvin Kattar def. Jeremy Stephens by way of TKO (strikes) at 2:42 of Spherical 2
* Greg Hardy def. Yorgan De Castro by way of unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Anthony Pettis def. Donald Cerrone by way of unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Aleksei Oleinik def. Fabricio Werdum by way of cut up determination (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
* Carla Esparza def. Michelle Waterson by way of cut up determination (30-27, 29-28, 27-30)
* Vicente Luque def. Niko Value by way of TKO (physician’s stoppage) at 3:37 of Spherical 3
* Bryce Mitchell def. Charles Rosa by way of unanimous determination (30-25, 30-25, 30-24)
* Ryan Spann def. Sam Alvey by way of cut up determination (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
— to www.wrestlinginc.com