What’s Cookin’ is our enjoyable home-cooking tutorial sequence that gives step-by-step directions and easy-to-cook recipes for well-liked native delights and trending dishes with an AsiaOne twist. And we promise that they’re easy sufficient to make them in your individual kitchen.
For right now’s recipe, we share how you can make durian crepes, the right deal with for all durian lovers.
With the standard peak of durian season proper across the nook, we thought to share one other means to benefit from the king of fruits — in a pillowy, crepe type. Full of durian and cream, it is a scrumptious option to finish any meal.
Makes as much as 6 servings
- 300g durian
- 300g whipping cream
- 50g tapioca flour
- 15g custard powder
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 150ml water
- 65ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- Separate the durian flesh from the seed and use a fork to mash the flesh right into a thick paste. Put aside.
- Add whipping cream to a bowl. Use a mixer to whip combination until it stiffens . Put aside.
- Add to a bowl tapioca flour, custard powder, icing sugar, all-purpose flour and blend effectively. Add water to the bowl and blend effectively, forming a pale yellow batter.
- Add milk and egg to the batter, stirring effectively in between.
- Pressure the combination by way of a metallic sieve to take away any sediments.
- Glaze a pan with oil and add a skinny layer of batter to the pan. Gently take away the crepe as soon as it solidifies.
- It is time to assemble your durian crepe. Add a spoonful every of whipped cream and durian paste to the centre of the crepe and fold within the corners to type a “pillow”, and you’re carried out. Repeat the steps till you type all of your durian crepes.
It might be a bit of labor to make, however the outcomes are so rewarding as you chunk into fluffy pillows stuffed with creamy durian goodness.
Click on here for AsiaOne’s Circuit Breaker Survival Information (CBSG).
View our full assortment of What’s Cookin’ movies and recipes here.
— to www.asiaone.com