The Visalia Times-Delta and Kaweah Delta are partnering to provide Tulare County readers with daily informational updates related to COVID-19. For more information, visit www.kaweahdelta.org/COVID19.
The Lifestyle Center, a division of Kaweah Delta, is waiting for the State to give fitness facilities the green light to re-open amid the COVID-19 pandemic, but continues its work this week to prepare for that day.
“At the end of the day, we are committed to your health and well-being,” Patrick Tazio, director of The Lifestyle Center, told members last week. “We hope you can appreciate that you are the reason we must take a more cautious approach in re-opening.”
This week, TLC staff have spent time putting a number of changes in place to keep members, along with staff safe including:
- Safety Screenings: Members’ temperatures will be taken and they will be asked to answer a series of questions to ensure they do not pose a risk to others.
- Moving Equipment: Cardio and strength equipment will open first, so TLC is moving equipment, some into the gymnasium, to make sure that members are six feet apart from each other.
- Thorough Cleaning: TLC is continuing to use hospital-grade cleaners to meet all guidelines for cleanliness and safety set by the state and federal government.
- Member Limits: TLC may limiting the number of members into the facility at any one time, but in a way that will not impact members.
- Temporary Closures: The following will not immediately open – (Jacuzzis and saunas, locker rooms (other than restrooms), childcare, group classes, or basketball court activities. These closures will be evaluated on a daily basis and when it safe to re-open these, TLC will.
- Lap pool will open for lap swimming with a 30-minute limit at one person per lane. The warm water pool will open for independent exercise with a limit of 10 people who are social distanced by six feet.
TLC closed its doors on March 18 in response to the Gov. Gavin Newsom’s shutdown order. The Lifestyle Center offers a wide variety of state-of-the-art equipment, exercise rooms, and activities for all ages and abilities in a 55,000-square-foot facility in Visalia.
Read or Share this story: https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2020/06/04/kaweah-delta-awaits-green-light-re-open-lifestyle-center/3146311001/