A day after state well being officers announced the highest single-day number of COVID-19 cases for the reason that starting of the pandemic, they introduced 129 further confirmed instances and 5 further deaths associated to the illness.
On Saturday, the state Division of Well being introduced 5 further instances on the Otero County Jail Facility. Whereas instances continued to develop in McKinley and San Juan counties, the state additionally introduced 23 further instances in Doña Ana County in southern New Mexico.
Of the 5 newly introduced deaths associated to COVID-19, 4 got here from McKinley County and one from San Juan County.
- A feminine in her 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying circumstances.
- A second feminine in her 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying circumstances.
- A 3rd feminine in her 60s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying circumstances.
- A male in his 70s from McKinley County who was hospitalized and had underlying circumstances.
- A male in his 50s from San Juan County who was hospitalized and had underlying circumstances.
DOH didn’t disclose the precise underlying situation for the instances.
The division additionally introduced that 176 people are at present hospitalized for COVID-19, a rise of 1 case from Friday’s announcement. This might embody those that examined constructive in different states and are hospitalized in New Mexico, however wouldn’t embody those that examined constructive in New Mexico and at the moment are hospitalized in different states.
Of the confirmed instances, DOH mentioned 3,286 at the moment are designated as recovered, a rise of 80 over Friday’s announcement.
Take a look at particulars
The state mentioned they’ve processed 229,147 checks, a rise of 4,507 checks since Friday.
The counties within the northwestern space of the state proceed to steer the state in most new confirmed instances, with 40 in McKinley County and 29 in San Juan County.
The state supplied the variety of newly introduced instances in every county, with numbers of these held by federal businesses separate from the counties during which the amenities are situated.
- 15 new instances in Bernalillo County
- 7 new instances in Cibola County
- 23 new instances in Doña Ana County
- 1 new case in Eddy County
- 40 new instances in McKinley County
- 6 new instances in Sandoval County
- 29 new instances in San Juan County
- 1 new case in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Socorro County
- 1 new case in Torrance County
- 5 new instances amongst people held by federal businesses on the Otero County Jail Facility
The state mentioned that one beforehand reported case in Santa Fe County was not lab confirmed and that two instances amongst these held by federal businesses on the Otero County Jail Facility had been duplicates and have been faraway from the general totals. DOH additionally mentioned a case in every of Bernalillo and San Juan counties that had been eliminated for not being lab confirmed have since been confirmed and the instances had been re-added to the entire.
- Bernalillo County: 1,575
- Catron County: 2
- Chaves County: 49
- Cibola County: 159
- Colfax County: 5
- Curry County: 62
- Doña Ana County: 558
- Eddy County: 30
- Grant County: 15
- Guadalupe County: 20
- Harding County: 1
- Hidalgo County: 1
- Lea County: 29
- Lincoln County: 5
- Los Alamos County: 6
- Luna County: 11
- McKinley County: 2,657
- Otero County: 25
- Quay County: 5
- Rio Arriba County: 54
- Roosevelt County: 42
- Sandoval County: 585
- San Juan County: 1,923
- San Miguel County: 15
- Santa Fe County: 150
- Sierra County: 1
- Socorro County: 55
- Taos County: 31
- Torrance County: 35
- Union County: 5
- Valencia County: 81
Amongst these held by federal businesses, by facility:
- Cibola County Correctional Middle: 2
- Otero County Jail Facility: 275
- Otero County Processing Middle: 92
- Torrance County Detention Facility: 18
Amongst these held by the state Division of Corrections, by facility:
- Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 1
- Otero County Jail Facility: 219
- Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
The states mentioned that 43 acute care or long-term care amenities have no less than one confirmed case of COVID-19 amongst workers and/or residents.
Below the present state public well being order, all residents should put on fabric masks to assist gradual the unfold of COVID-19. The state mentioned medical-grade masks needs to be saved for first responders and medical personnel. Most non-essential companies have reopened in restricted capability, together with eating places. The state will permit any employee to get examined for COVID-19, no matter signs. The state advises people who’re experiencing signs of a COVID-19 an infection—fever, cough, or shortness of breath—to name their well being care supplier or the NMDOH COVID-19 hotline instantly (1-855-600-3453). These with non-health-related questions or considerations also can name 833-551-0518 or go to https://newmexico.gov.